02 February 2010

St. Peter's Basilica

    I've been doing a lot of research for Rome today since it was too cold to go on the urban trek that I was planning yesterday.  I've decided that in Vatican City I'm definitely visiting St. Peter's Square, St. Peter's Basilica, the Sistine Chapel, the Vatican Museums, climbing to the top of St. Peter's Basilica, and perhaps even going to St. Peter's Square on Sunday to see the Pope from his balcony and be blessed by him!!!!  I'm not Catholic, but I can still be really excited about seeing the Pope!! And after being blessed by him, who knows...  I could become Catholic.....
Just kidding!!
    Also, I've been looking through the Rick Steves' Europe Guidebook which a previous IES student left behind in our apartment, and I found something rather hilarious about St. Peter's Basilica.  It's a list of questions that various tour guides in Rome have been asked over the years.  Enjoy!

Is the Pope Catholic?
Is John Paul II the son of John Paul I?
Oh, to be here in Rome... where our Lord Jesus walked!
Is this where Christ fought the lions?!?
This guy who made so many nice things, Rene Sance, who is he? (Say it fast, and you'll get the gist)
What's the Sistine Chapel worth in U.S. dollars?
How did get Moses get Michelangelo to pose for him??
What's Michelangelo doing now?

No comments:

Post a Comment