01 April 2010

Time for Spring Break!!

    Hi everybody!  I hope you've enjoyed my last few posts from Perugia, Assisi, and San Gimignano.  This will be my last post before I go on vacation to Sicily for Spring Break.  One of my good friends invited me to stay with her at one of her relative's house on the northeast end of Sicily.  I'm going to be there for Easter, or La Pasqua as you say in Italian.  I've heard that the relative we're staying at is a superb cook and will be literally cooking us a feast everyday.  I may come back a few pounds heavier, but I can't wait!!
    Before I leave you, here are two more contrada fountains that I've found so far.  The first one is the giraffe contrada's baptismal font/fountain and the second one is the dragon contrada's.  This puts my contrada fountain/baptismal font count at 11 out of 17!
    Something really funny happened to me yesterday.  On the cover of the book I'm reading right now "Under The Tuscan Sun" is a picture of a beautiful chapel and villa with the Tuscan countryside in the background.  Yesterday, while driving to Pienza with one of my classes on a field trip, we drove by the exact chapel & villa that's on the cover of the book!!!  I even had the book with me then, so I brought it out to check and it was indeed the exact same landscape!  It definitely made me smile!
    Until next Friday, arrivaderci & Buona Pasqua!!

No comments:

Post a Comment