18 May 2010

Home Again

    I'm back home in Seattle!  It was a day-long journey, with a 2 hour flight from Rome to London and then a 9 hour flight from London to Seattle.  I was afraid that there would be severe delays or cancellations because of the volcanic ash, but none of my flights were affected.  However, only a couple of days after I was home safe and sound, London Heathrow shut down, so I was super-lucky to have dodged that bullet.  I'm still a little jet-lagged and experiencing a little bit of reverse culture shock because the U.S. is so different from Italy.  On a happy note, I got my laptop fixed!  The hard drive was damaged because I dropped it, and so they replaced my hard drive with no charge to me because of the warranty.  So, I have all of the photos that I haven't posted, i.e. from Valencia and Paris, and am planning on loading a sampling of them soon onto my blog, so keep visiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment